Geometry & Topology Down Under
The University of Melbourne
11-22 July 2011
We have reserved a block of rooms at Trinity College. The dates for check-in and check-out are flexible. However, check-out can be no later than Saturday, 23 July, as the students will be moving back in on that day.
Bookings can be made directly by e-mailing Mark and Pierre at: email@example.com (Participants funded by the NSF should not make their own booking.)
Pricing structure and inclusions at Trinity:
- 1 night $67
- 2–3 nights: $63 per night
- 4–6 nights: $61 per night
- 7–13 nights: $58 per night (1 week = $406)
- 14 nights or more: $55 per night (2 weeks = $770)
- Prices include GST (local taxes).
- Single 'student' bedroom with single bed, desk and fridge.
- Shared bathrooms in corridor (showers are private)
- Bed linen & towels are provided, and changed every 6-7 nights.
- Buffet breakfast including hot & continental options (served 7:00-9.30).
- Washing facilities including dryers and ironing facilities (Bring your own soap)
- Free use of tennis courts (Bring your own rackets)
- TV lounge
Single student rooms with shared bathrooms:
What is included:
Optional Web Access: For your own laptop or to use college computers: $10 for the first week (i.e. seven days), then $1 each additional day. Wireless is not guaranteed in every room, so please bring an Ethernet cable just in case.
Optional Lunches and Dinners are available to purchase separately in the dining hall (lunch $10, dinner $15).
Important arrival information: Main Reception is open Monday to Friday 9:00–17:00. It is very important that guests arriving outside of these hours (overnight and weekends) have the Duty Officer mobile number (0417 034 396) to gain access to the campus and their rooms. If the gates are open, the Duty Officer can also be contacted from building key pads (on most buildings) using the code #8003.
Check out is before 11:00 on the day of departure. Luggage can be stored if required.
View Larger Map
- Hotel IBIS
- Arrow on Swanston
- Quest Clocktower on Lygon
- Travel Inn Melbourne
- Other Carlton area accommodation
The University of Melbourne is surrounded by the suburbs Carlton, Parkville, North Carlton, North Melbourne and Melbourne (CBD); see the Google map below.
Websites that feature special and last-minute deals are:
Hotels near the university include: