Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Richard Berry Building, Room 203
University of Melbourne
Parkville, VIC 3010
Tel +61 3 8344 7671
Email m.payne3 "arroba" pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
- I am a PhD student under the supervision of David
Wood, who recently moved to Monash University.
- My research interests centre around discrete geometry and geometric graph theory.
- Together with Helmut Alt and Jens Schmidt from Theoretical Computer Science at FU Berlin, David Wood and I were awarded a Go8/DAAD Joint Research Co-Operation Scheme
grant for 2011/2012.
- I did 'Phase I' at the Berlin Mathematical School. There I was a member of Günter M. Ziegler's Discrete Geometry group at TU Berlin (since relocated to FU Berlin).
- I did my undergraduate studies in Australia at Monash University.
- I have attended various conferences: 36ACCMCC (UNSW), MCW18 (Charles University), 35ACCMCC (Monash), EGC2011 (Alcalá de Henares), AMSSC2011 (Monash),
34ACCMCC (ANU), Geometric Graph Theory
(EPFL), Bernoulli Conference on DCG
(EPFL), ICM2010 (Hyderabad), VMSSC1
(Melbourne), VAC27 (Melbourne), 33ACCMCC (Newcastle).
- On the connectivity of visibility graphs, with Attila Pór, Pavel Valtr and David R. Wood, Discrete Comput. Geom. 48 (2012), no. 3, 669-681.
- Unit distance graphs with ambiguous chromatic number, Electron. J. Combin. 16 (2009), no. 1, Note 31, 7 pp.
- A dense distance 1 excluding set in R3, with D. Coulson, Austral. Math. Soc. Gaz. 34 (2007), no. 2,