Department of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Melbourne
Email m.payne3 "arroba" pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
- I am a PhD student under the supervision of David
Wood, who recently moved to Monash University. I submitted my thesis in February 2014.
- My research interests centre around discrete geometry and geometric graph theory.
- Together with Helmut Alt and Jens Schmidt from Theoretical Computer Science at FU Berlin, David Wood and I were awarded a Go8/DAAD Joint Research Co-Operation Scheme
grant for 2011/2012.
- I did 'Phase I' at the Berlin Mathematical School. There I was a member of Günter M. Ziegler's Discrete Geometry group at TU Berlin (since relocated to FU Berlin).
- I did my undergraduate studies in Australia at Monash University.
- I have attended various conferences and workshops:
MDS Workshop: Order and Geometry (TU Berlin),
MDS Summer School: Order and Geometry (Döllnsee),
MCW19 (Charles University),
AMSI Workshop: Mathematics of Transport Networks (Monash),
AMSI Workshop: Optimisation in Industry (RMIT),
MCW18 (Charles University),
EGC2011 (Alcalá de Henares),
Geometric Graph Theory (EPFL),
Bernoulli Conference on DCG (EPFL),
- Which point sets admit a k-angulation?, with Jens M. Schmidt and David R. Wood, J. Comput. Geom. 5 (2014), no. 1.
- On the general position subset selection problem, with David R. Wood, SIAM J. Discrete Math. 27 (2013), no. 4, 1727-1733.
- On the connectivity of visibility graphs, with Attila Pór, Pavel Valtr and David R. Wood, Discrete Comput. Geom. 48 (2012), no. 3, 669-681.
- Unit distance graphs with ambiguous chromatic number, Electron. J. Combin. 16 (2009), no. 1, Note 31, 7 pp.
- A dense distance 1 excluding set in R3, with D. Coulson, Austral. Math. Soc. Gaz. 34 (2007), no. 2,
Here is my PhD Thesis, which is currently under examination. Here are some lp_solve files related to my work on a conjecture of Kleitman and Pinchasi (see Chapter 6). See the included readme.txt for how to interpret them.