620-151 Course booklet errata
Unfortunately there are a few mistakes in the course booklet.
I will try to correct them here as they are brought to my attention.
- On page 1, under "Tutorial Classes" it says that you should hand your assignments to your tutor.
- This is NOT the case.
- You should hand your assignments into the assignment boxes in the maths department.
- Answers to Sheet 3. The solutions given for Q5 and Q6 are wrong - they are misnumbered.
- The answer to Q5 in the book is really for Q6.
- The answer in the book for Q6 is really for Q7.
- The answer to Q5 is really f = 60 for (x1,x2) = (t,12-2t) for 4<=t<=5.
Unfortunately there are also a few mistakes in the extra questions sheets.
- Extra questions sheet 3. The answers to part (a) in the original version of the sheet were incorrect.
- They have now been corrected (and the PDF updated).
- The corner points should be (6000,0), (6000,12000), (7000,14000) and (21000,0).
- The maximum is $1120.
If you find a mistake in the course book, please double check it and then tell your tutor or lecturer.